This blog introduces an update to the information, resources and links to support the career development of school staff.
Career development is lifelong. This is why the Grow Careers website contains information, resources and links to support the career development of the whole school community. This blog introduces an update to the information, resources and links to support the career development of school staff - from the grounds and maintenance staff to the Principal.
Over the recent school holidays, the staff section of the Grow Careers website was updated and made more useful. The Learning and Professional Development menu item is now more comprehensive. School staff will now find information about the following from this menu item:
- Links to professional associations at the national and state/territory levels for school staff, teaching and non-teaching and leadership where school staff can identify professional development opportunities related to their work within the school.
- Links to national resources for identifying and researching training courses offered by TAFEs and private registered training organisations (RTOs).
- Links to national databases to identify and compare Australian undergraduate and post-graduate courses offered by public universities and private universities and colleges.
- Links to MOOCs – short, free, online courses offered by leading universities and institutions.
The other staff menu items provide information, resources and links to support for:
- Internal and external job applications and job application documents, including professional assistance with job applications for the Education sector.
- Job search within the Education sector, nationally and in each state or territory, including jobs in both school education and higher education.
- Job search within Federal, state/territory and local government.
- Job search using major job vacancy websites.
- Identifying relief teaching opportunities.
- Changing career direction.
A recent blog provided tips to help those who work in schools to achieve life balance.
The Grow Careers website is continuing to evolve. If there is a topic you would like me to add to support the career development of members of school staff, please contact me.